Hiring an independent roof surveyor is a great way of ensuring you know the state of your roof and what work may be required. Some lenders request a roof survey as part of their loan approval process, so you may not have a choice about whether to have once carried out.
The roof and its supporting structure is one of the largest parts of a property. If not maintained and repaired on an ongoing basis, large and expensive building work may be necessary in the end. Small internal leaks may be manageable, but things will only get worse if you don’t tackle the problem.
A home is the most expensive asset most people ever own, so it’s essential it’s looked after. Ignoring small problems today can lead to major ones tomorrow. A Home Survey carried out by a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors can give you peace of mind when buying a property, but it’s often seen as an unnecessary cost.
The typical purchase process is usually –
1. Searching for and choosing a property. This is the exciting part of course, particularly for first time buyers and young families.
2. Negotiating the price. A good estate agent can add value here.
3. Financing the property. You should have an idea of how much you can borrow before stage one, but now comes the time to search lenders and find the best deals. A key consideration is whether to fix your mortgage interest rate, and this can give you stability if your monthly budget is tight.
4. Arranging a survey. Most buyers go for the bare minimum to keep costs down, but the fee of an independent roof surveyor or RICS Home Survey is very good value, this is here the lender may request a roof survey.
5. Exchange and completion. This can be the most stressful stage, with fees paid and everything in the hands of solicitors.
The development of drone technology means that unmanned aircraft are now becoming part of the survey stage. An independent roof surveyor may use a drone to view large properties or those with restricted access to the roof.
A roof inspection costs UK varies depending on a number of factors. These include the size of your property, its location, the type of inspection you need and how it will be carried out. We perform drone roof inspections across the UK, and these are often a more cost effective solution.
If you need more information or have ANY questions, just pop your details into the form below and one of the Team will get in touch ASAP to discuss your requirements.
We look forward to seeing you soon.